Fluoride Free Anniston
Jacksonville News article 2/18/16
"Local officials feel fortunate for drinking water sources"
1. The source is not the problem here in Calhoun County. The problem is what they do to this "God given" water!
Fluoride IS NOT added to fight bacteria. It is added to fight tooth decay, which makes it a medication. The strangest fact is when added to the water it has nearly 0% effectiveness since any effects of fluoride in reducing tooth decay have only been known to occur when it is applied topically, such as with toothpaste or medically applied fluoride treatments. It... has also been linked to many health issues including ADHD, thyroid problems, dental fluorosis, bone cancer, and has been classified as a neurotoxin by major medical journals and the National Research Council.
2. ….“filters remove any clumps of dirt or moss” True, but they do not remove Hydrofluorosilicic Acid, which is the fluoridation chemical added to the water. The water treatment personnel have stated that this is the chemical added to AWWSB water. “Water Company engineer states Hydrofluorosilicic Acid (Fluoride) - "discharge from fertilizer and aluminum factories" is being injected into the public water supply.” YouTube https://youtu.be/FByFiYKrLJs
3. ……….”the process ensures the water’s non-corrosiveness by the time it is distributed out into household pipes” True, but the older pipes which contain lead, when exposed to the fluoridated water, can leach lead into the water that is delivered to these homes. http://fluoridealert.org/articles/fluoridation_flint_lead/
4. …….ONLY? ”Every three years the Environmental Protection Agency requires public water systems to submit drinking water samples for lab tests checking for lead and copper exposure.” Really?
5. Request a retraction/correction to this article. Contact The Jacksonville News
Phone number: (256) 435-5021
Address: 4305 McClellan Blvd
Anniston, AL 36206
6. Contact Chris Patterson and Ed Turner at AWWSB. They are in charge of your water and are obviously unaware of all the facts surrounding it, especially the industrial waste added in the guise of dental health. http://www.mosaicco.com/…/Hydrofluosilicic_Acid_MSDS_03Jan1… Water Works Board
931 Noble Street
P.O. Box 2268
Anniston, AL 36202
Customer Service: (256) 241-2000
Monday through Friday
7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
A "model city" would not intentionally allow it's water to be contaminated!
It's ashamed the city leaders are powerless to stop the private water board (Anniston Water Works & sewer Board) from medicating the public tap water with Hydrofluorosilicic Acid, a 'fluoridation' chemical derived from fertilizer/aluminum manufacturing.
Many organizations still promote and endorse the outdated practice of artificial water fluoridation but have NEVER completed human toxicology tests on the actual industrial by-product used. Harvard and other prestigious researchers have linked fluoride intake to lowered IQ, thyroid dysfunction, fluorosis & many other ailments.
Fluoride Free Anniston has alerted the city and the water board to current health studies on fluoridation in an effort to improve Anniston but the warnings have not been heeded.
All efforts of this activist group and those of other citizens who have spoken out about this intentional contamination of the water supply have been ignored and/or silenced.
Public health should be a priority in Anniston, especially when considering the past goings on with Monsanto.
Erin Brockovich and signers put the Health agencies on notice: April, 2015
Erin Brockovich has just put the government on big notice of their shortcomings in interpreting science and protecting the health of American citizens. Please take time to read this document about fluoridation. This is one of the very the best documents/ letters we have seen. The references are great; the critical thinking is excellent, and the range and depth she covers are compelling. And, it has some 'teeth'. Just read the first 2 pages if you are short on time.
Apparently there are other issues that take precedence over water safety and our children's health. At least there was a small ray of hope for a few weeks.
Brian Johnson (city manager) claimed to show interest in putting information on the City of Anniston website regarding water fluoridation, but all communication has ceased. We have even been blocked from posting on the city Facebook page!
This is the latest of many emails sent to city officials that will likely be ignored like the previous!